All in the Family

Previously on: this blog

"While I don't have any concerns about my ability to write this dialogue, I do have concerns about the ability of my actors (hope they don't read this!). I know that I won't exactly be working with trained professionals on this project, so I believe that I should limit the use of actors as much as possible in my project."

Well, the time has come for me to seriously consider who is going to be featured in my movie opening. The good news? The choice is clear.

When I first decided on the scrapbook, I had to plan out what I'd put in it. For the pages, I would need dozens of photos of a baby girl and her mother together. Going out on a limb, I don't think they sell those at Walmart. But luckily, I have an ace up my sleeve.

The name "Molly Nicole" for the little girl didn't come out of thin air. That's actually the name of my own sister, who is currently four years old. My family has taken hundreds of pictures of her during that time, which makes her the perfect candidate for this film. Although I wouldn't trust her with any lines, I can use these pictures to make her an integral part of my movie.

As for the mom, that's just as easy. Basically, who's the one woman who could play a mom and has a vested interest in my academic success? Why, my own mom! I haven't asked her yet, but I know that my mom will be willing to help me in this project. So, I've cast my film! I feel like I should be prouder of myself than I am right now. Eh, maybe it'll come later.

Comments

Popular Posts