The Lightbulb Moment

Waiting for the perfect idea is a tricky thing, because it's easy to get lost in it. I remember, during my junior year of debate, I wrote an Original Oratory on this very subject. Basically, I discussed how it's important not to wait for the perfect idea to hit you, but to instead put in the work necessary in order to find it. As romantic as it sounds to have the "light bulb moment", the chances of that apple falling on your head are honestly slim to none. Even if an idea or a vision doesn't seem perfect at first, that doesn't mean it won't work in the end.


So, I'm taking this mentality to heart. Even if the ideas I have aren't perfect at the start, I have trust and confidence in myself that I'll be able to make them into something I love. I'm living with the philosophy that it's better for me to get work done now than it is to have a "eureka" moment later. Because, in my work, it is totally still possible for me to have that moment. But even if I don't, I'll sleep easy knowing that I at least got some work done.


I haven't had my perfect idea yet. Maybe I will, maybe I won't. But I know that I'm going to end up with a project I love, whether the apple drops or not.

Comments

Popular Posts