The Scrapbook

Ok, I've got an idea. At the moment, that's all it is - an idea. But as I think of it more and more, I think it could really work.





As I mentioned, I want to use a style similar to that of the Napoleon Dynamite intro. So I was trying to figure out how that could work in a drama, and it dawned on me: what if a character was reading a scrapbook? A scrapbook would be able to provide the audience with a large amount of background information about the characters, while also serving as the perfect medium for me to deliver the opening credits. A scrapbook would be an awesome way for me to open my movie!





So, now that I've decided on a device for my intro, I've got two more conundrums. First, if I'm going to feature a scrapbook, that means I have to MAKE a scrapbook. I'm not exactly an enthusiast of this activity, so I'm going to to have to teach myself the ways of a master scrapbooker (is that a word?). The other problem is one of motivation. I have to figure out why exactly my character is looking through a scrapbook. Is it a divorce? A death? A kidnapping? I'm not sure yet, but I'll let you know as soon as I do.

Comments

Popular Posts