What Happened?

Previously on: this blog

"I have to figure out why exactly my character is looking through a scrapbook. Is it a divorce? A death? A kidnapping? I'm not sure yet, but I'll let you know as soon as I do."

I'm sure.

I've figured out the key plot details of my movie opening, and I'm here to share them now. I've decided that my main character is going to be a mom who's daughter has recently been kidnapped. The first minute or so of my opening, however, will be deceptively cheery. The music will be bubbly, the colors pastel, and the pictures of the happy family adorable. The title of the scrapbook will be something like "Molly Nicole" or some other cute name. Basically, all of the emphasis will be on the baby girl in the pictures. The dates on the pages will be clearly visible, showing various days from 2003-2005. But on March 16th, the pictures will stop. The cheery text will disappear, and the music will fade. The hands will flip through the empty pasges of the scrapbook, as the dates pass by. 2006. 2008. 2012. It will end on an empty page, and the hands will use a Sharpie to write the present date: March 16th, 2018. Then, the title of my movie, which is still TBD, will be shown, revealing that a kidnapping has occurred. It's going to be something that clues the audience in on this fact. I'm thinking a title like "Taken", although that one is obviously already, ahem, taken.

So, that'll be my movie opening! I might throw a little bit more in, and have a couple different angles on the book as well. In my next post, I'll let you know what I've decided for my title!

Comments

Popular Posts