Edgic


After about 3 hours of editing, it is done! I found that the editing process for this project was relatively painless. After all, I rather enjoy editing. I like to lay all of my shots out, and chip away at them until I feel like the film flows perfectly. It’s a fun, relaxing, and creative way to spend my time.

One of the hardest parts of the editing process was the first shot. I wanted to make some of the cuts choppy, in order to instill a sense of uneasiness from the jump. However, I found that too much choppiness made the film feel scattered, while too little made it look like I just made an editing mistake I had to strike the right balance, but ultimately I found that I was able to.

The other most difficult part of editing was time. And to think I was worried about going short! When I finished the rough product, my film was 2 minutes and 40 seconds. This meant that I needed to leave nearly 30% of my film on the cutting room floor. Thankfully, due to my experience in Interpretation, I am very used to the process of cutting. I found that the cuts I made actually improved the quality of the film, as many of my shots were simply just too long. By shortening it, the movie opening flowed much better.

After editing together my project, I am extremely proud of the results. Hopefully you guys like it as much as I do!

Comments

Popular Posts