Filming Day


Tonight, I filmed all of the scenes for my movie. And let me tell you, folks, it’s gonna be good.

My mom and I waited until about 9 o’clock until we began filming. That way, the house was silent and my sister was fully asleep. Then, we started. At first, my mom was confused why I needed her for most of these shots. After all, her face wasn’t even in most of them! Why couldn’t I use my hands? It didn’t sink in that I had to hold the camera until after I explained it to her. Most of the hand-only shots were relatively painless to shoot. I made sure to use several different shots and angles to give my film lots of diversity. I also knew that I was on a time limit for most of these shots, as I only had so long before my mom began to get annoyed. The hardest shot of the night was the one where she flips through the pages. My mom just couldn’t do it fast enough, and quickly became annoyed with me when I tried to help her. Luckily, she managed to get it after about 10 different takes. By this point in the night, though, she was fuming. Thankfully, we were done with the shots that I needed her for, so she was able to retire to her room.

At this point, I filmed the shots that I didn’t need her for, which was basically everything that didn’t include a pair of manicured hands. I used pans, zooms, and high angles to make each shot feel unique, even if the content of the credits was ultimately the same. It shouldn’t have taken too long for me to get these shots, but unfortunately I’m a bit of a perfectionist. So, it ended up taking about 2 and a half hours for me to film the project. Combined with the production and planning that went into the creation of the scrapbook, I probably spent over 6 hours putting this project together. And now, it’s time for the final frontier: editing.

Comments

Popular Posts