Nowhere to be Found: a Retrospective


My final blog post: the retrospective. I feel like I learned a lot from this project about myself, my abilities, and the world as a whole.

First of all, I learned that my biggest strength is my creativity. When it comes to creating ideas, I’m always able to come up with something unique and interesting. I’ve always known this about myself when it came to stories and such, but I now know it also applies to the arts at large. For example, I had no clue before this project that I could put together a scrapbook, let alone enjoy it. And yet, I found myself cheerfully cutting out pictures and decorating them with shiny unicorns and elephants.

I also learned a lot about dealing with people. I had to coach my mom a lot for her role, and I had to recognize what she responded well to and what she did not. I figured out how to communicate with her so that I could get my message across without frustrating her. Ultimately, I found that this project brought me and my mom closer together, and for that I am eternally grateful. Thank you, Cambridge.

Finally, I learned that I should really take a look at editing as a possible career path. I enjoyed the process as I was doing it, and I found that I was always going back to my project to make minor tweaks in timing. I think this project has opened my eyes to a real possible career for my future.

Comments

Popular Posts