Peer Review 2: The Reckoning


Today in AICE Media Studies, we had our second peer review. As you might remember, the last peer review session reaffirmed my belief that I was on the right track. This session, my reaffirmations were reaffirmed, if that makes any sense. Okay, I’ll simplify it: I’m doing well. Currently, I have a really sound idea for a project that is both practical and interesting. The biggest concern that was brought up about my opening was the timing. I think that I’ll be okay, I just need to make sure that my movie is able to hit that two-minute mark. There are many ways that I can make sure I hit this, which I will make sure to document in the next blog post.

I also got to hear the plans of many of my fellow classmates. While some of the ideas were strong, others seemed simply unrealistic. For instance, one student was describing how he would use over five different settings and lots of dialogue within his opening. Although this is certainly ambitious, I don’t know if ultimately it will work well within a quick two-minute teaser. I worry that his movie opening may end up feeling too scattered, and that he won’t have enough time to film everything he wants. But hey, that’s for you guys to decide! I’m just happy that I kept my movie opening more simplified, which will allow me to be more precise with what I film.

Comments

Popular Posts